Daylily 'Final Touch'

Family: Hemerocallidaceae (hem-er-oh-kal-id-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Hemerocallis (hem-er-oh-KAL-iss) (Info)
Cultivar: Final Touch
Hybridized by Apps
Registered or introduced: 1991
» View all varieties of Daylilies

Late (La)

Flower Size:

Large (more than 4.5" diameter)

Blooming Habit:

Slightly Fragrant

Foliage Habit:

Dormant (dor.)

Awards (if applicable):

Eugene S. Foster Award (or runner-up)

Honorable Mention

Tomah, Wisconsin

Kinnear, Wyoming

Riverton, Wyoming

On Aug 10, 2013, FLOWER_FANATIC from Columbus, OH wrote:

Wow! You won't be disappointed with Final Touch Daylily. Starts blooming mid to late summer and repeats blooms all the way up to late fall. I have had snow fall on blooms that had not been dead for very long! The green throat seems to glow, especially in shaded areas! Nice long scapes and seemingly endless blooms. A real winner in the late summer garden. I live in zone 5b/6a, Columbus, Ohio.

On Oct 10, 2011, dandjcritters from Perryville, MO wrote:

I absolutely love this daylily! I have 7, although one was mowed over many times and after moving it, it is recovering very fast. 4/6 of my bigger ones rebloomed, with a bunch of flowers. October 10th and Im STILL getting blooms! Looks like I have about 2 more weeks on my last plant thats blooming. Going to be using Final Touch in my hybridizing next year, so Im collecting pollen today (lol). Also, it is fertile both ways, which is very helpful. Out of all my varieties of daylilies, this is one of my favorites.

On Sep 15, 2011, dayliliesofmine from Kernersville, NC wrote:

I love this Daylily. I planted in the fall of 2008. This year 2011 it rebloomed twice, sending up new scapes before the previous were finished blooming. It is now 9/15 and I still have one bud on one scaped and the last scape has about a week left. I bought this one from Wallmart and I gave away 2 of the 3 roots I bought. Wish I had kept them, The first one opened on 6/26 so that is almost 3 months worth of flowers!

On Jan 22, 2009, Mainer from Durham, ME (Zone 3a) wrote:

This is one is unusual for it is pink not red or orange or yellow that blooms until frost in my zone when so few do bloom here at that time. I love this one.

On Jul 19, 2008, dare2love from Racine, WI wrote:

Just bought this plant this year and it is doing great. 2 scapes with lots of blooms. And VERY fragrant - for a daylily!

On Aug 25, 2006, wildlifer from Nashville, TN (Zone 6b) wrote:

More pink than lavender in my area/garden soil/environment. It gets a little morning shade & then late afternoon/evening shade which I think it appreciates. I love this plant - one of the best and prettiest perennials I've selected & didn't know it until I had them in the ground and researched afterwards. Late blooming with repeat last year - total of about 15-20 blooms on 2 scapes. Many more scapes and blooms in it's first bloom in this - it's 2nd year. Fragrance is very nice. Currently watching for a short rest and possible repeat this year.