Tomato 'Sweet Baby Girl'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Sweet Baby Girl

Salem, Oregon

Wilsonville, Oregon

Hollidaysburg, Pennsylvania

On Aug 11, 2008, reload1 from Mapleton, ND wrote:

Loads of fruit.Great tomato taste.Tall plants.Takes a bunch of them to amount to anything though.I will always have room for this one.

On Dec 4, 2007, kmom246 from Murfreesboro, TN (Zone 7a) wrote:

Compared to yellow pear, the vines on sbg were not nearly as vigorous - but that is not to say it wasn't a healthy, vigorous plant. Seedlings and transplants were slower to take off than all my toms, cherry and non-cherry. I put toms out while it was still pretty cool out; I might try this one again but hold the seedlings indoors under lights until the night temps were consistantly above 45*F - or maybe give them added protection in the garden at night.

Most of my non-cherry toms stopped setting fruit when the day temps went over 100*F with nights in the 50*F-60*F range. Although they didn't go crazy setting fruit in the heat, sbg did continue to produce during those dog days of july and august - with a burst of renewed production in sept when the temps came down.

On Sep 24, 2006, EAPierce from Idaho Falls, ID (Zone 5a) wrote:

I planted several cherry tomato varieties this year, including Sungold and Sweet Million, but Sweet Baby Girl was my favorite by far. It rivaled the others with abundant productivity (estimated at 150-200), disease-resistance (little to no cracking) and vine length (just a bit more compact), but the flavor was what really set Sweet Baby Girl apart. True tomato taste and a great balance of meat/juice. For those who find Sungold, SunSugar, etc., too sugary and prefer richer tomato flavor, I highly recommend Sweet Baby Girl.

**Just as a potentially noteworthy aside, my Sweet Million and Sweet Baby Girl were in a garden spot with only about 4-5 hours of sun exposure, much of it dappled, and fruited well anyways, albeit a few days later than cherry varieties in full sun locat... read more

On Jul 10, 2005, tripletmomma2K from Macomb, MI (Zone 5b) wrote:

It is currently July 10th, 2005 in zone 5a, and I've started picking ripe tomatoes from the vine. The tomatoes have an "old fashioned" flavor, fairly acidic and just right!! My mother raved about them when she tasted them!

The vines are not quite 5 feet tall at this point, and smothered with fruit and blossoms.

These cherries are about about the size of ping pong balls. I will definitely grow these again!

On Feb 17, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A 2000 cherry tomato from Seminis-(Petoseed). It is an indeterminate but has a vine about half the size of other indeterminate cherry tomatoes.