Tomato 'Mountain Pride'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Mountain Pride

Jonesville, South Carolina

Laurel Bloomery, Tennessee

Centreville, Virginia

On Aug 24, 2012, idealpeggy from Lexington, KY (Zone 6b) wrote:

We just now harvested our first two of this variety. They are really delicious!! They're a nice size for slicing and the perfect combo of sweet/tart. The only little bitty problem was some cracking up top, but we just cut it off.I know these are supposed to be determinate, but ours are pretty tall and sprawling!

On Aug 1, 2010, dkagle from Centreville, VA wrote:

I am growing over 30 types of tomato plants this year and Mountain Pride is by far one of the best tasting. It hands down beats the other determinates by taste, this list includes, solar fire, celebrity, BHN640 and homestead. The only better tasting tomatoes are the heirlooms German Johnson and Brandywine.

Yield stands at 14 1/2 pound as of Aug 1st, with about 5 more pounds expected.

Thanks Dr Fletcher.

On Sep 16, 2009, TBGDN from (Zone 5a) wrote:

I grew two plants of Mountain Pride, and they were my best producers next to Early Girl & Celebrity. I will definitely plant these again next year. All the fruits were of good size in spite of a very dry July.

On Jan 21, 2009, lssfishhunter from Jonesville, SC (Zone 7b) wrote:

Believe it or not, I really love the taste of this variety. However, production, in my opinion, could be better but it does produce well enough here. The texture is firm but not hard and I really enjoy them on 'mater sandwiches.'

On Mar 8, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Introduced in 1981, this is the first in the mountain series from North Carolina State University, Fletcher. Designed as a fresh market tomato. It will grow here. It does succumb to diseases, but after the first set of fruits. Does about as well as Celebrity for me. Usable but nothing special.