Tomato 'Mountain Gold'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Mountain Gold

Benton, Kentucky

Potosi, Missouri

Forest City, North Carolina

On Jul 9, 2013, LowbridgeNC from Forest City, NC wrote:

This is my first season growing Mountain Golds. I just finished my first BLT with the first one, and it was great. They're yellow-orange and a bit small to medium, but they've handled the repetitive torrential rainfall this season better than just about any other kind I've planted. No rot, no splitting. Good tomatoes.

On Feb 1, 2010, rickirl from Fellsmere, FL wrote:

Good in sandy Florida ground with additives. Best for
less heat and sun, fall time best in my local. Best size
for me in ground was 6oz. Potting it in large container
produced a few +10oz sizes, great flavor. No real
blight problems in ground or pots

On Aug 8, 2009, jboyer007 from Potosi, MO wrote:

My Mountain Gold (from Tomato Growers Supply) looks nothing like Melody's. Mine are a brilliant yellow and are perfectly round. They are early July 8, and are the most beautiful yellow tomato I have ever grown. They weigh from 12 oz to 1 lb. The seed cavity is near the skin and there are few seeds. The fruit is mild, but very tasteful. I am saving seed and will report the results next year.

On Jul 4, 2006, melody from Benton, KY (Zone 7a) wrote:

A fairly early tomato with a decent taste. It does not have the 'wow' factor, but it's an acceptable 'table tomato'.

It has a firm flesh, and would keep a decent amount of time, probably ship well too.

They are reasonably early enough that they make a nice presentation on a platter before the season gets into full swing.

I give it a B , but I'm very particular about my tomatoes.

On Mar 8, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A 1990 yellow tomato in the mountain series from the North Carolina State University, Fletcher. A round golden fresh market tomato. A newer version with larger toamtoes is Carolina Gold.