Tomato 'Mountain Fresh'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Mountain Fresh

Westbrook, Connecticut

Saint Joseph, Missouri

Christiansted, Virgin Islands

On Aug 12, 2015, DonShirer from Westbrook, CT (Zone 6a) wrote:

I second KY's comments. I put two plants in pots (1-3gallon, 1-4gallon) in the sun and they had good yields of perfectly globular fruit with mild, but good taste. One plant in a more shaded location in the ground took longer to mature and has less fruit.

On Sep 12, 2009, CoronaDoc from Cleveland, GA wrote:

Was given three beautiful plants by an aunt who thought they would be wonderful. They were the only hybrid tomatoes I grew out of 58 plants. I treated them the same as the heirlooms but only got three or four tomatoes per plant before they yellowed and died! They were the first tomato plants to die and very disappointing. Perhaps the plants were mislabeled and she got an inferior variety? Not sure that I'll try this variety again.

On Jul 13, 2006, melody from Benton, KY (Zone 7a) wrote:

One of the better tasting offerings from the UNC Mountain Series Blemish free and pretty flavorful for a hybrid...I give it a B+. It has an acceptable texture and seems to be a decent keeper.

On Mar 8, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A 1992 round red fresh market tomato from the North Carolina State University. This is one of the more highly touted of the mountain series. There is a 2003 version named Mountain Fresh Plus.