PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Miracle Sweet'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Miracle Sweet

By westocast73
Thumbnail #1 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by westocast73

By westocast73
Thumbnail #2 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by westocast73

Positive Yorkshireman On Aug 15, 2004, Yorkshireman from South Yarmouth, MA wrote:

Never a problem at all with Miracle Sweet.....my wife thinks so much of them that they are the only ones I now grow. I grow from seed to make sure I do have Miracle sweet. Beefsteaks they are not but a very desirable size they are....have been growing tomatoes since 1935 so know a couple of things about 'em.........Harvey

Negative sunstroke On Jul 31, 2004, sunstroke from Los Angeles, CA wrote:

In west Los Angeles: quick growth to five feet with abundant fruit set; but 50% of its leaves destroyed by early blight within 60 days. Fruit remains rock-hard...forever?...with a substantal "white rind" just beneath the skin. No trace of flavor or sweetness. Is this a commercial variety that failed its field trial being passed off as a home garden selection? Shovel pruned to make room for Better Boy.

Positive Michaelp On Nov 22, 2003, Michaelp from Glendale, UT (Zone 5a) wrote:

I have grown this tomato as a greenhouse crop since 1997,it along with Goliath are the only ones that have the disease resistance and quality to survive my years of testing-this is a truss type tomato-or salad type not a hamburger or sandwitch kind[2to3-inches in dia.],but real tasty,if grown in real dirt with real fertilizer[I use manure]

Positive dwieland On Sep 19, 2003, dwieland wrote:

Over the past 4 or 5 years, Miracle Sweet (from Veseys) has become my favourite tomato to grow here in Ottawa, Ontario. It seems crack-resistant and ripens well for me (starting in mid-August at my latitude), providing an abundance of tasty, perfectly formed fruit until frost. I appreciate its relatively small fruit and tiny stem core, which can be ignored in salads and sandwich slices. Of course, if you're after a single slice that covers a whole sandwich, this tomato won't do, but with Miracle Sweet I don't have to refrigerate the half of a beefsteak type I can't immediately use.

Negative kandykorn On Sep 8, 2002, kandykorn wrote:

I aquired my plant from a garden center, so can not absolutely vouch for its pedigree, but the size of the fruit and growth are consistent with the what is printed about it. The flavor is fine, but the fruit does not ripen well. Even when completely red, the fruit has a lot of green pulp inside, and much of it has to be discarded.

Anderson, Indiana