Tomato 'Jetsetter'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Jetsetter

Leaf Type:

Regular Leaf

Los Altos, California

Mountain View, California

Hollywood, Florida (2 reports)

Augusta, Georgia

Wyandotte, Michigan

Leland, Mississippi

Eagle Point, Oregon

Jonesville, South Carolina

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Joshua, Texas

On Jul 21, 2014, GreekTomato from Joshua, TX wrote:

Good but not great on flavor. Disease resistance is awesome. No yellowing leaves so far. Plants are loaded with fruit. Flavor is like a San Marzano. Very mild. A few weeks latter than Brandy Boy hybrid, which is a better tasting tomato if you like tangy sweet notes. This one beats any store bought tomato. And still would probably make good sauces and salsas. They do tend to crack near the top. If I didn't have other varieties to compare it to, I'd say it's good. But compared to Brandywine or Brandy Boy Hybrid, it's a little flat on different flavor notes like,tangy, salty, sweet notes. Some people like mild. And this one is mild. I'm also using this as a rootstock for grafting heirlooms.

On Jun 2, 2013, papayaman from Los Altos, CA wrote:

I grew a Jetsetter plant last season (2012). It produced tasty, spotless tomatoes that were sweeter than Early Girls.

On Nov 16, 2012, linear from Destrehan, LA wrote:

Planted these on 8/25/2012. Currently 7' tall and loaded with
fruit, these plants are impressive! Cannot comment on taste
yet as fruit is not ready to pick. Growing well in southeast louisiana.

On May 21, 2012, KCorley from Houston, TX wrote:

My Jetsetters were disappointing in flavor. I thought they were watery and rather tasteless ... not as tasteless as a store-bought, but will not grow again for slicing. Thick skinned and smallish. On the positive side, Jetsetter plants were extremely vigorous and relatively heavy producing, perhaps making them appropriate for uses other than slicing.

On Dec 7, 2011, donnyczech from Sioux Falls, SD (Zone 4b) wrote:

I had a difficult time getting the seeds to germinate, but I did get one plant. I grew it in a large pot and it grew nicely and produced fairly well. I will plant again in 2012 and hopefully I will get two of them into the ground this time.

I am growing several of these tomatoes this year 2012 and they are doing great. It is in my top five tomato plants this year. The fruit is huge and over 1 lbs. They are growing well in drought stricken South Dakota where it has been over 100 degrees several days in July with ony 1/2 inch of rain the entire month. No problem with any disease or blight - maybe because it is so hot. I will grow Jetsetters next year and report in again.

September 2012 update. The Jetsetter is in the top five favorite tomatoes that I gre... read more

On Sep 30, 2011, squirrelgirl105 from Wyandotte, MI wrote:

We picked up this tomato as something different than the usual Better Boys, Beefsteaks, ect. We were pleasantly surprised with the abundance of fruit and how large the plants themselves got. Its Sept 30 and its Michigan, they are still producing. Its very tasty and the fruit color can be a little may look orange-red but trust me its red inside! No problems with disease, bugs, ect. We did have to tie up as they did alot of vining. We didnt use any chemicals in our garden, only fresh topsoil, Canadian peat moss, and a layer of cow manure. Watered regularly, although we had hot and warm spells too and RAIN RAIN RAIN. We did experience a little splitting on some of the earlier fruit tops that we think is due to the back and forth weather, but otherwise, no problems. We are doing... read more

On Jul 11, 2011, MustafaMc from Leland, MS wrote:

This hybrid was quite productive as it was able to handle the heat and still set an abundance of nicely shaped fruit. The flavor was good.

On Jan 14, 2009, lssfishhunter from Jonesville, SC (Zone 7b) wrote:

This is a very good variety and it is one of my winners. The taste is not as acidic as I would prefer to have but more than makes up in production. It is a rather early variety but keeps going throughout a long/humid/hot summer. Tomato size is also a positive attribute of this variety.

On Mar 11, 2004, Tplant from Pembroke Pines, FL (Zone 10a) wrote:

Prolific grower and heavy bearer of delicious, firm, juicy tomatos good for slicing or salads. Beautifully shaped and color is a reddish orange. You will be amazed at the growth of this plant and the amount of fruit it bears. Must be staked strongly for the plant gets quite heavy with medium to large (not beefsteak) perfectly round tomatos. For me, it is a joy to grow here in So. Fl.