Tomato 'Bucks County'

Lycopersicon lycopersicum

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Bucks County
Additional cultivar information:(aka Bucks County Hybrid)
» View all varieties of Tomatoes

Winthrop, Maine

Brainerd, Minnesota

Hermann, Missouri

On Sep 7, 2015, WeezyG from Brainerd, MN wrote:

I started these from seed and got very nice seedlings. Ended up with a lot of nice looking big, round tomatoes from them. They're also quite meaty without a lot of seeds inside. The taste is okay, not the best tomato I've ever eaten, but certainly not bad. This plant performed better than any of my others this year.

On Dec 13, 2011, Cyberpotato from Hermann, MO (Zone 6b) wrote:

The hybrid tomato that was banished for impersonating a Brandywine. It was Burpeeís first attempt at hybridizing heirloom tomatoes for a plant that is more productive and easier to grow. In spite of once being marketed as Red Brandywine, it doesnít taste much like a Brandywine. It does happen to be one of the better mild & very smooth tasting red beefsteak types, as if the world really needed another one. It even won an heirloom tasting competition. LOL!! Not bad at all, just know what you are getting.

One other thing. I have grown this next to Better Boy. The plant has nearly identical form and was half again more vigorous. Use a large 6X6 concrete mesh cage. Itís going to be a monster. Lots of tomatoes.

On Aug 10, 2006, jlogan from Lawrenceburg, KY (Zone 6b) wrote:

Started from seeds. Plants look great and produce well. Tomatoes produce well, no splitting BUT taste very average. I was SO disappointed as they were producting so well with great shape, but the taste is what I'm after. I'm still searching for Brandywine taste with good production and no splitting. I must be dreaming.. I'll keep looking.

On Jul 2, 2006, passiflora_pink from Central, AL (Zone 8a) wrote:

Mine was productive but the fruit cracked and the taste was only average.

On Apr 10, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

A 1999 home garden round red.