Golden Marguerite, Dyer's Chamomile 'E.C. Buxton'

Anthemis tinctoria

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Anthemis (AN-them-is) (Info)
Species: tinctoria (tink-TOR-ee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: E.C. Buxton
Synonym:Anthemis hybrida

This plant is resistant to deer

Self-sows freely; deadhead if you do not want volunteer seedlings next season

Galva, Illinois

Aberdeen, Maryland

Himrod, New York

North Plains, Oregon

On Nov 6, 2011, CaroltheDabbler from (Zone 5b) wrote:

It seems that some nurseries (e.g., Thompson & Morgan in the UK) are selling the original Buxton with soft-yellow petals, but others (e.g., Bluestone in the US) are offering a version with white petals. If you have a preference, be sure that you're getting what you expect.

Like Saya below, I personally would be skeptical about either growing Buxton from seed, or buying seed-grown stock.

On Oct 25, 2010, soldiersong from North Plains, OR (Zone 8a) wrote:

One of my favorites in a very extensive perennial garden. I worried last spring, following a very cold winter for this area, but it came back after suffering 8 F temperature. Deadheaded, it produces graceful soft yellow daisy like flowers from early summer until frost. It is almost November and it is still going strong here. I hope I can divide it next spring so I can plant more of these around the gardens. I do not like bright yellow blooms, and this provides the pretty, soft, but rich yellow I want in my gardens.

On Mar 19, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Medium 2'- Plant 20" apart. Bushy strong erect stems. White flowers with yellow centers. Removing the spent flowers will promote flowering from late spring into early fall. Drought tolerant.

Free flowering, provides an abundance of yellow daises all summer and fall for bouquets. The foliage is elegantly cut. Avoid heavier soils for these pest free plants.

On Jul 3, 2004, saya from Heerlen
Netherlands (Zone 8b) wrote:

This anthemis is a hybrid and propagatian from seeds is questionable. Dividing the rootball or propagatian from cuttings seems to me more suitable. The leaves are slighty scented. It should be suitable for xeriscaping but grows also happy with some rainfall.