Calla Lily 'Cameo'

Family: Araceae (a-RAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Zantedeschia (zan-te-DES-kee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Cameo

Flowers are good for cutting

Pale Pink

This plant is resistant to deer

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Painesville, Ohio

Dandridge, Tennessee

Racine, Wisconsin

On Apr 8, 2007, lakesidecallas from Dandridge, TN (Zone 6a) wrote:

Tall grower, does not have a high flower count. Stem (petiole) very sturdy. For me it isn't a vigorous grower- rots easily.

On Jul 1, 2006, wallaby1 from Lincoln
United Kingdom (Zone 8a) wrote:

I have had this plant for a few years. It's first year I think produced only 2 spathes. I left it a cold greenhouse over winter, and found it had produced 4 new corms when checking it the following spring. It was perhaps a quite cold winter, as 3 of the new corms as well as the mother one had rotted, but I had one mid-sized corm which was very new and white. I potted it up, and it grew. I have waited until the 3rd season after, it has been potted into a larger pot this year and has 4 strong new growths, perhaps 4 separate corms as they are wide spread.

By the end of June it was producing a spathe, which is rapidly maturing. I would expect it to make more. I still overwinter it in a cold greenhouse, it doesn't dry out but I don't water it until spring. The last wint... read more

On Jun 12, 2006, ineedacupoftea from Denver, CO wrote:

A medium-vigorous hybrid that likely contains all of the best blood as far as summer callas: elliotiana, rhemanii and perhaps albomaculata. It is an nice midpoint in color between the oranges and the pinks, a real peachy color.
Almost all pinks are small, unspotted-leaf Z. rhemanii selections, but this one has other species in it that make it a larger plant with taller stems that are better for cutting. A dark eye adds a finishing touch.