Snap Bean (String, Green or French Bean)
Phaseolus vulgaris 'Cobra'

Family: Papilionaceae (pa-pil-ee-uh-NAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Phaseolus (FAZ-ee-oh-lus) (Info)
Species: vulgaris (vul-GAIR-iss) (Info)
Cultivar: Cobra

Vegetables

Open Pollinated

Growth Habit:

Climbing

61 to 70 days

North Bend, Oregon

On Nov 25, 2012, TinyPlantSale from Keystone Heights, FL wrote:

This is my pole bean of choice from now. Amazing long beans, fantastic production, and long pick time make this a keeper. I planted in March and still had some beans forming in August. Remarkable how many beans I got off of forty plants.

On Mar 12, 2009, texore from Coos Bay, OR wrote:

Cobra green beans are now my favorite to grow. All seeds sprouted and grew quickly once the weather warmed up. The flowers are a lovely mauve and the beans came on soon (6o days after planting).

The beans are a deep green, never found a stringy one, crunchy and definite beany flavor. I felt like I could taste the minerals from the soil in these beans-- very healthy.

I've grown tons of different green beans for market over the past 15 years-- Cobra is first on my list.

On Apr 22, 2005, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote: