PlantFiles: Chile Pepper, Hot Pepper
Capsicum annuum 'Aci Sivri'

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Aci Sivri

» View all varieties of Peppers

Heat (Pungency):
Hot (5,000 to 30,000 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:
Tapered
Oblong

Fruit Size:
Medium (4" to 6" in length)
Large (more than 6" in length)

Fruit Color:

Thumbnail #1 of Capsicum annuum by OlgaN

By OlgaN
Thumbnail #2 of Capsicum annuum by OlgaN

Positive ravenskies On Aug 7, 2008, ravenskies from London, Ontario

I live in London, Ontario [zone 5], and I was given this plant last year by someone I did some work for. After the first frost [which it survived], I decided to dig it up and bring it indoors because I thought that it was a beautiful plant.
Around october, the fruit turned a brillient red colour, and was delicious [very hot- not for everyone]. What is even more awesome is that I kept the plant alive in a pot all winter long and I re-planted it after the last frost, so not it is a veritable pepper tree, about 30" tall, and full of peppers again. I plan to bring it in again for the winter this year, and I hope to have a repeat performance next summer. I am going to keep this beautiful plant alive for as long as it will stay healthy.

Positive lizs_CT On Jun 28, 2006, lizs_CT from Stamford, CT wrote:

Aci sivri is one of my favorite peppers. Mine are consistently burning hot-but wonderful complexity of flavor. I use them to make a fiery chutney intended for Indian food, but we put it on just about everything. I dry them, too and use them in chili colorado. The red color against the green foliage is beautiful. I'd say 80-90 days to maturity. I top dress with epsom salts when they start to flower and one more time as they mature. I have not seen any pests or diseases with these plants.

Neutral Farmerdill On Oct 14, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Seeds of Change offers this description: "Old Turkish variety can be mild to burning hot. Unusually productive for northern gardens, producing up to fifty 5-9 inch cayenne-shaped fruits per plant." (90 day)

Neutral OlgaN On May 4, 2001, OlgaN from Miami, FL (Zone 10b) wrote:

Aci Sivri is a heirloom pepper from Turkey, produces 7 inch elongated pods. Hotness varies. Plant is taller than any other pepper I am growing right now.

Stamford, Connecticut