PlantFiles: Rose of Sharon
Hibiscus syriacus 'Double Pink'

Family: Malvaceae (mal-VAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Hibiscus (hi-BIS-kus) (Info)
Species: syriacus (seer-ee-AK-us) (Info)
Cultivar: Double Pink

» View all varieties of Hibiscus

Positive LauraLove1980 On Apr 30, 2003, LauraLove1980 from Centereach, NY wrote:

The Rose of Sharon is a hardy tree. It will bring many years of beautiful blooms. If you've planted in a flower bed, just remember to check daily for new seedlings, as ths flowers drop seeds every minute of the hour.
I was delighted to send a surprise package to my sister in Interlachen, Florida. I am thrilled that her new Rose of Sharon is thriving.
With your first bloom Sis, I'll be smiling!

Positive ranch45 On Apr 30, 2003, ranch45 from Interlachen, FL wrote:

My dear sister, who resides in Centereach, N.Y., had this plant growing in her garden. Deciding that it was too invasive, she decided to get rid of it.
Since we share news of our gardens, my sister told me about her dilemna; jokingly, I asked her why she didn't share this plant with me?
Well....
I received an email that seeds were on the way and I got excited. A few days later, I received a large box and in true Sisterly devotion - my sister sent me two bushes!

Three days later, when my husband had the opportunity to plant them for me, we noticed that the bushes had started to bud! A week and a half later, there are leaves all over it! I cannot wait for them to go to bloom!!

My sister and my bushes sure make me smile!

They are planted in full morning, eastern exposure.

Interlachen, Florida