PlantFiles: Asiatic Lily, Pink Tiger Lily
Lilium 'Tiger Rose'

Family: Liliaceae (lil-ee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Lilium (LIL-ee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Tiger Rose

Bloom Size:

Color Pattern:
Spotted

Shiny/Glossy-Textured

By dividing the bulb's scales

By carolann

Thumbnail #6 of Lilium  by kniphofia

By BUFFY690
Thumbnail #7 of Lilium  by BUFFY690

Positive TBGDN On Aug 17, 2006, TBGDN from Macy, IN wrote:

I was somewhat skeptical when I saw these hybrids listed in a catalog and later on a commercial website of a reputable establishment. Always one to add "just one more" plant to my ever-expanding gardens, I ordered two of these along with several other oriental and trumpet types. My order arrived on May 6, 2006 by Fed Ex (they deliver on Saturdays), and by 4:00 PM they were all in the ground. I have never been sorry for adding this lily. Both of the bulbs I ordered grew well, although somewhat short at about 18-20". What they lacked in height, they abundantly made up for in blooms! It is everything I had read about or seen in print. It is an appealing addition to any garden setting.

Positive BUFFY690 On May 19, 2005, BUFFY690 from Prosperity, SC (Zone 7b) wrote:

I love these, They remind me of pictures of old gardens. I put some in in the very early spring, and they are fast growing and now blooming, and oh so beautiful. I am excited that they are going to multiply and I can have the in other places in the yard.

Neutral FrankRichards On Aug 3, 2003, FrankRichards from Marlow, NH wrote:

I have a plant that appears identical that I believe is a volunteer hybrid between asiatic hybrid lilies (a bag of hybridizers seconds) and the heirloom tiger lilies that have grown on this site since the 19th century.

It is hardy to at least zone 4. (-25F last winter)

Neutral suncatcheracres On Aug 1, 2003, suncatcheracres from Old Town, FL wrote:

I bought bulbs of this plant from Walmart this Spring, and although the bulbs came up in pots as two short plants, they never flowered, only produced brown bulbils in the leaf axils, which I collected and also potted up. So I'll have to wait until next year so see if it is truly a Pink Tiger.

I have grown Tiger Lilies for years, but have never seen this color, so I was disappointed, but at least the plants have survived this far. They will go into a raised bed this fall, because we usually get 60 inches of rain a year. But this year we will probably get more like 80 or 90 inches--I can't remember the last day it didn't rain here this Spring and Summer in Northcentral Florida, zone 8b.

Old Town, Florida