PlantFiles: Sweet Corn
Zea mays var. rugosa 'Golden Queen'

Family: Poaceae (poh-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Zea (ZEE-uh) (Info)
Species: mays var. rugosa
Cultivar: Golden Queen

Vegetables

Hybrid

91 to 100 days

Kernel Color:
Yellow

Positive Farmerdill On Dec 15, 2003, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Golden Queen is a good yellow hybrid. It is not as popular as Silver Queen. I often plant it in alternate rows with Silver Queen which effectively gives me the equivalent of the bi-color BiQueen which I think is more delicious than either Silver or Golden Queen. Note; I would never use a spacing less than 12 inches and in a dry season that would be too crowded. I drill 16 - 18 inches in 42 inch rows. Don't get many nubbins that way.

Augusta, Georgia