PlantFiles: Sweet Corn
Zea mays 'Rainbow Inca'

Family: Poaceae (poh-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Zea (ZEE-uh) (Info)
Species: mays (maze) (Info)
Cultivar: Rainbow Inca

Medium Blue
Blue-Violet
White

Positive sethy On Jul 31, 2004, sethy from Hana, HI wrote:

I love this corn for picking young and roasting in a fire or steaming. I prefer it to the sweeter sweet corns. You can also dry it and get a tasty pinkish corn flour. Rainbow inca's a pretty tall plant (6-8 feet when I grew it) and has a lot of wild genes in it I think. It's isn't too needy as far as tons of nitrogen like some newer varieties, and it certainly is beautiful. Last year I did an open cross of rainbow inca and black aztec. This summer I grew out seed from that crop so now I have seed of the F2 I guess you'd say. I'm getting some beautiful results.

San Luis Obispo, California