Miniature Climbing Rose, Climbing Patio Rose
Rosa 'Jeanne La Joie'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Jeanne La Joie
Additional cultivar information:(aka Jeanne Lajoie)
Hybridized by Sima

Christiana, Tennessee

Kennewick, Washington

Richland, Washington

On Sep 18, 2013, Wiberg2006 from Kennewick, WA (Zone 6b) wrote:

I planted this miniature climber on a hillside in full sun. I was told the first year she would be sort of quiet, the second year she would start to grow and the third year she'd put on a show; that is exactly what happened. By the third year this was the most beautiful rose in my garden. This rose had 12 ft. canes, easily. I gave it plenty of room when I planted it and just let it grow. I didn't prune except to take out older canes occasionally. The canes arched down the hill with masses of double, baby-pink roses marching along the canes. I had no trouble with black spot or powdery mildew. I built a new home recently and will be planting another Jeanne La Joie as soon as I can get my hands on one.

On Jun 4, 2011, Gascoigne from Shawnee Mission, KS (Zone 5a) wrote:

Does superbly on the S'West size of my veggie garden...trains beautifully on a trellis. I love it's prolific blooms and super hardy habit...no diseases and blooms all summer...

On Mar 9, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

One vendor states that this rose's growing zone is 4-12.

On Jul 23, 2006, dlnevins from Omaha, NE wrote:

Probably the finest climbing miniature rose ever hybridized. Easily grows to 10 feet or more in height, and in the spring it is literally buried under a mass of light pink, fully double flowers. Subesquent bloom is sparser but still impressive. Very winter-hardy, although there might be some cane dieback in the most severe weather. I've seen no disease problems in my garden. The plant is slow to establish itself; the first summer you plant it, it will just seem to sit there doing nothing. Be patient; it's growing roots! The second summer will show some modest cane growth. The third summer - jump out of its way, or you'll be in danger of being overrun. If you want an easy-care, hardy climbing rose, you won't be disappointed with this one.