Crinum Lily

Crinum angustifolium

Family: Amaryllidaceae (am-uh-ril-id-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Crinum (KRY-num) (Info)
Species: angustifolium (an-gus-tee-FOH-lee-um) (Info)
Synonym:Crinum asiatica

Ponds and Aquatics

Very high moisture needs; suitable for bogs and water gardens

Dunnellon, Florida

Fort Pierce, Florida

Lecanto, Florida

Ocala, Florida

Pinellas Park, Florida

Sarasota, Florida (3 reports)

West Palm Beach, Florida

Lake Charles, Louisiana

On Dec 2, 2013, krakomako from Jacksonville, FL wrote:

I have a,Grand Lilly, which I am looking after (apartment area). I was happy to see this bloom,with its white flower stems. I think I made a bad mistake trying to rejuvenate the flower once it started withering. I cut the stem off completely hoping it would grow back and produce another bloom! But no luck, any assistance to correct error would be appreciated. As soon as I have loaded my camera roll to my Kindle I will post a pix of it.

On May 9, 2004, carltipp from Phoenix, AZ wrote:

I have an Angustifolium (along with the bronze leafed Amabile and a dwarf hybrid named "Mystery") growing in my front hard in Phoenix, AZ.

The Angustifolium was given to me by a friends stepfather about 4 years ago. I have no idea how old the plant is, but when I planted it, the bulb was about 12" wide with a weight of about 15 lbs. He had it planeted, along with about 5 others, in a brick planter against his house, facing south, in full sun, and getting lots of reflected heat from his block home. All his plants were large and healthy looking.

You could not imagine my delight to see this plant growing in Phoenix! I am a South Florida native, and enjoyed these plants while growing up in that wonderfully humid climate! So I had to get more, was off... read more

On Jun 8, 2003, CannaGrwr wrote:

I have the GIANT of giants in crinums of this variety, leafs up to 8' and bulbs that can weigh up to 50lbs and flower heads that contain up to 100 flowers per flower stem.
I only have the 2 bulbs that I bought over 10 years ago and they are now 4' tall so far. The flowers are very fragrant, and spidery looking.

On Jul 31, 2002, Abutilon from Coal Center, PA (Zone 6a) wrote:

Wonderfully fragrant heirloom crinum from an old South Carolina garden. Delicate spidery flowers.