PlantFiles: Potato
Solanum tuberosum 'Red Cloud'

Genus: Solanum (so-LAN-num) (Info)
Species: tuberosum (too-ber-OH-sum) (Info)
Cultivar: Red Cloud

Thumbnail #2 of Solanum tuberosum by Joan

Thumbnail #3 of Solanum tuberosum by grampapa

Thumbnail #4 of Solanum tuberosum by grampapa

Thumbnail #5 of Solanum tuberosum by grampapa

Positive grampapa On Oct 27, 2008, grampapa from Wheatfield, NY (Zone 6a) wrote:

10/08 My first time growing this potato. I grew only one plant in a fabric tub. I forgot to plant it until very late (mid-July). It still grew into a huge, beautiful plant and yielded 4 lbs of large tubers. Harvested at 100 days after a light frost. See my pics. I expect it would be a good keeper but they won't be around long enough to find out.

Neutral Farmerdill On Feb 14, 2006, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

As strong, healthy and red as the Warrior Chief was. Very promising red potato. Medium-to-large sized tubers with shallow eyes. Holds its color well in storage and has good keeping qualities.

Monroe, North Carolina