Petunia, Trailing Petunia
Petunia 'Tidal Wave Cherry'

Genus: Petunia (peh-TEWN-ya) (Info)
Cultivar: Tidal Wave Cherry
Additional cultivar information:(Tidal WaveŽ series)

Not Applicable

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Lafayette, Tennessee

Spokane, Washington

On Sep 22, 2010, meshemaine from Harpswell, ME wrote:

I grew this plant at the base of a tree form rose, in a pot on my front steps. The rose was one of those landscape roses....I forget the name....but the color of it and the petunias was very similar...a rich, vibrant cherry color. The petunias grew right up alongside the rose, and also arced outward and down, making a wonderful and cheery display. I can't recommend it enough.

On May 18, 2005, roadrunr from Nicholville, NY wrote:

Tidal Wave Petunias are outstanding! We are located in zone 4 with very sanding soil that has great drainage. I can't say enough great things about this plant. I usually plant about 500 plants throughout our property. The floral displays are breathtaking. Planted alongside our garage they grew 3 feet tall. Planted in a 12'x12' planter at our entrance, I mixed the colors. You could see it half a mile away. Everyone wanted to know the variety. When I initally put the plants in the ground they were already about 12-14" tall. I cut them back to about 6-8". Last year I gave all the cuttings to a friend, who just stuck them in the ground and they grew!

On Oct 27, 2004, lmelling from Ithaca, NY (Zone 5b) wrote:

I planted several of these "Tidal" wave petunias this year and was not please with their display. Planted in full sun in moist, well drained soil. They tended to get leggy and did not perform according to their press. This was a wet year - perhaps too wet, however, the regular petunias, and wave smaller wave series preformed well.