Hybrid Musk, Shrub Rose 'Robin Hood'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Robin Hood
Additional cultivar information:(aka Robin des Bois)
Hybridized by Pemberton

Resistant to black spot

Resistant to mildew

Resistant to rust

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Tekamah, Nebraska

Hays, North Carolina

Lake City, Tennessee

On Oct 1, 2012, Rhowenne from Saint Charles, MI wrote:

I've been trying for years to find a good healthy hedge plant to keep out the neighbors and their pets. I saw this in the mail order catalog and ordered 50. It was the best thing I've done. When they first arrived some were a little moldy and were already growing but I planted them anyway. Then after they grew a little, rabbits came and chewed them all almost to the ground. I used rabbit/deer spray on them twice and they were left alone. Five months later they are now three feet tall and five feet wide. I barely watered them and summer was blazingly hot. The sprays of flowers are beautiful, with some as long as my forearm. Continuous flowering. These are my FAVORITE flower in the yard now. I'll see how winter goes, but I'm very hopeful since it seems so vigorous.

On Apr 5, 2006, tnangela from Athens, TN wrote:

Ditto above. I have one climbing into a 25' Crape Myrtle. It's about 10-12', so far. I expect it to cover it eventually. Completely shade tolerant- the best I've found in a rose so far. Vigorous and carefree. Masses of blooms.

On Jul 9, 2003, Petsitterbarb from Claremore, OK wrote:

This rose has really been a pleasant surprise. It arrived from a cheapie mail order nursery in pitiful condition. A nearly dead, dried out little stick, I planted it anyway. What the heck, it was extremely cheap! With some regular watering, this rose has become one of my favorites. Sold as a "red" rose, I find it to be a hot pink, which I MUCH prefer. It is TOTALLY HEALTHY, and I never spray. An extremely full and lush bush, it covers itself with tiny blooms that have a peppery fragrance. I would HIGHLY recommend this rose as a single specimen, or as a rose hedge!