Noisette, Tea Noisette Rose 'Jaune Desprez'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Jaune Desprez
Additional cultivar information:(aka Desprez, French Yellow Noisette, Madame Desprez, New French Yellow, Noisette Desprez)
Hybridized by Desprez

College Station, Texas

Nevada, Texas

Rowlett, Texas

On Apr 15, 2008, DawninTx from Nevada, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

I purchased this rose many years ago from the Antique Rose Emporium, and it is probably my all time favorite rose. The color is more apricot than yellow, sometimes tipped with pink. It is covered in blooms in the spring, with a few sporadic blooms throughout the summer, and a nice show again in fall, although not as brilliant as spring. The flowers are wonderfully fragrant and the plant itself has been disease resistant. It makes an excellent pillar or pegged rose. When in bloom, this rose is a real show stopper.

On Oct 22, 2004, JoeHolland from Harker Heights, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

I bought 5 Jaune Desprez roses in late spring and put them 10' apart along a splitrail fence. I put a banana peel and epsom salts in each hole. There was no immediate growth like I've seen on my hybrid teas with the same combination of ingedients, and I was initially disappointed.
The bushes went into a summer dormancy period in the central-Texas heat, but they continued to put forth small (size of a quarter) pale yellow-pink flowers. I watered them deeply on a weekly basis during the summer.
Recently, the bushes have put on startling new growth and the flower size has increased to 1.5" across. It looks as if next spring I'll be tying Desprez onto the splitrail fence

On May 30, 2004, davetree from Sperryville, VA wrote:

Planted this rose March 2003 and it sat there (as expected) with a weak 1 1/2 canes. This year it is blooming, throwing up very strong canes along an 8' pillar. The blooms are quatered with many more petals than when I grew this years ago in Maryland. Same--even more so--incredible perfume.
Osmocote and lots of water on highly drained soil (woods leaf decay at planting time). Last winter was tough, but not for this rose--it is out of wind exposure, but not the low temps.