PlantFiles: Laciniated Dahlia, Fimbriated Dahlia
Dahlia 'Ambition'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Dahlia (DAHL-ya) (Info)
Cultivar: Ambition

Small - 4 to 6 inches (100 to 150 mm) diameter

Purple, Wine, Violet

Pruning:

Positive Jnette On Dec 3, 2006, Jnette from Northeast, WA (Zone 5a) wrote:

This is just a note to let you know that I am in zone 4/5 (bordering) and of course the dahlias cannot be left in the ground in the winter. I cannot dig the plants but I love them. Therefore, I plant them in large pots. In the winter I just take them out of the pot and treat them as I normally would.

Jeanette

Neutral mystic On Aug 31, 2002, mystic from Ewing, KY (Zone 6a) wrote:

In warmer climates you maybe able to leave the tubers in the ground with heavy mulch. But for me in Zone 6 I have to dig the tubers before first frost.Clean and let dry good.Pack in dry peat and store in cool dry place.