Bell Pepper 'Blushing Beauty'

Capsicum annuum

Genus: Capsicum (KAP-sih-kum) (Info)
Species: annuum (AN-yoo-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Blushing Beauty
» View all varieties of Peppers

Heat (Pungency):

Sweet (0 Scoville Units)

Fruit Shape:

Fruit Size:

Medium (4" to 6" in length)

Fruit Color:

Cream changing to red

Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV)

Bacterial Leaf Spot (BLS), Race 1

Meriden, Kansas

Bark River, Michigan

Beatrice, Nebraska

On Jan 2, 2012, AnitTina from Eustis, FL (Zone 9a) wrote:

This pepper out preformed all my pepper plants this year. It died back during the hot July and Aug. in Florida but came back and continued to produce peppers until today. I didn't cover the plants tonight but if they survive they still have pepper on them. In January.

On Jul 10, 2011, carolmo from Olathe, KS (Zone 5a) wrote:

Great for fajitas, much better than bell peppers, Will get again.

On Oct 1, 2008, glowspicey from Meriden, KS wrote:

In previous years I have had horrible luck growing bells of any type due mostly, I believe, to disease. Blushing Beauty is one of several bells I acquired this year specifically for their resistance to a variety of diseases. I acquired seed from TomatoGrowers. My seeds had a terrific germination rate ( once I figured out they needed heat ), grew well, transplanted well. We had some painfully windy and wet conditions the entire spring, and although these seedlings were battered they survived to become very healthy and extremely productive. Like others have describe these start as an off-white to yellow to orange then end in bright red and usually show at least two of these colors at any given time. These plants rarely produced bells less than 4"x3" with many being much larger with ve... read more

On May 12, 2008, KSBaptisia from Beatrice, NE (Zone 5b) wrote:

Great pepper - nice thick walls, sweet flavor, and very productive. The color starts out kind of off-white, then turns yellow, then develops an orange blush, and eventually turns bright red. Beautiful!

On Apr 4, 2005, jasonc from Parrish, FL (Zone 9a) wrote:

I planted this pepper from a purchased plant about 2 weeks ago and it seems to be doing just fine in a container along with another pepper plant, two tomato plants and a few herbs...

On Mar 4, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

This is one pretty pepper and it is good eating. It has a very tender skin making it more susceptible to insect damage than others. It is a small space saving plant so should be good for container gardening. A 1998 introduction from Seminis (Petoseed) it has esistance to bacterial leaf spot races 1, 2 and 3, and tobacco mosaic virus.

On Aug 31, 2002, Terry from Murfreesboro, TN (Zone 7a) wrote:

Great pepper for eating fresh and making salsa - the coloring was gorgeous, and the flesh was very crisp and sweet. My personal favorite for three years running - the only vegetable I've actually bought the same seed variety that many times (of course, I've bought it from a different source each year, lolol!)