Petunia, Trailing Petunia 'Wave Misty Lilac'

Genus: Petunia (peh-TEWN-ya) (Info)
Cultivar: Wave Misty Lilac
Additional cultivar information:(Wave™ series)

Not Applicable

Arlington, Texas

Port Lavaca, Texas

Logan, Utah

On Sep 10, 2004, debi_z from Springfield, MA (Zone 6a) wrote:

i collected my seeds from the Ground Round Restaurants garden bed, in the fall of 2003. i had great luck with germination and they are a pretty pastel shade of lilac pink.

On Jul 23, 2004, Phaltyme from Garden City, MI (Zone 6b) wrote:

I had some Wave Petunias last year, different colors. I have a 3-shelf rack in front of the garage and it was covered with blossoms all summer with very little effort on my part.

However, I had a couple of spare plants and put them along an edge of a perennial bed with some new rather pricy plants. As I am prone to do, I paid no more attention, the petunias did their thing and when it was time to pull up the annuals I had a 2 ft. X 4 ft. mat of petunia blossums. I hated to remove it but when I did here was my fancy plants growing underneath the canopy non the worse for wear. Fun.

On Jul 18, 2004, Rarri from Glen Head, NY (Zone 7a) wrote:

This is a great plant.. lots of continuous blooms and cascades beautifully.. I have them in window boxes and have had many compliments.. (eastern exposure)

On Oct 15, 2003, eweed from Everson, WA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Vigorous grower, prolific bloom producer of soft pastel colors.

Stood up well in full sun with normal water use. When the plants finally "ran out of gas", they had been blooming fourteen weeks and when I pulled them out they were still covered with blooms.

Showed positive reaction to Miracle-Gro (water-soluble fertilizer) through foliage application.

On Oct 11, 2002, Weezingreens from Seward, AK (Zone 3b) wrote:

'Misty Lilac' is a welcome addition to the Wave series. The soft lilac blooms are often striped with white, as well. It blooms profusely, as do all the Waves, so it is well suited to baskets or to trail in the front of a bed.