Angel Trumpet, Angel's Trumpet
Brugmansia 'Snowbank'

Genus: Brugmansia (broog-MAN-zee-ah) (Info)
Cultivar: Snowbank

Coral/Apricot

Variegated

Patented

From hardwood cuttings

From seed; winter sow in vented containers, coldframe or unheated greenhouse

From seed; germinate in a damp paper towel

By air layering

Seed does not store well; sow as soon as possible

Newbury Park, California

Venice, California

Gulf Breeze, Florida

Pensacola, Florida

Cumberland, Maryland

Averill Park, New York

Premont, Texas

On Sep 2, 2008, happgarden from Kansas City (Joyce), MO (Zone 5a) wrote:

Beautiful leaves, slow grower, and I have it in total shade, bright light. Almost any sun causes the leaves to burn, but once you find the correct spot the leaves are beautiful. Has not produced buds yet, purchased it in June and it has forked.

On Jul 26, 2008, hostababy from Canton, OH wrote:

I have a couple of Snowbanks that have never bloomed. They are two years old, very showy leaves, but the old leaves tend to drop as new ones appear and they often get brown in the white margins. These are very slow growing. I'm a bit disappointed, would love to see some flowers.
I have a half dozen various other Brugs that start flowering in June and go all summer long. I over-winter mine in the basement (cold Ohio winters), cut them down to a couple feet tall, no light, very little water. I bring them out in May after the danger of frost is past. They seem to like morning sun, lots of water and fertilizer. Hundreds of flowers on each plant into the fall. I recommend Maya if you want a varigated leaf Brug. It is my earliest bloomer, with wonderful flowers that start out whit... read more

On May 22, 2007, SarahGigi from Newbury Park, CA wrote:

I found my Snowbank in a local shop, it was in the shade, and I thought how silly. This Brug stands out in my garden from all the rest with it's beautiful leaves. It doesn't even need to be blooming to have all my visitors asking me what it is and admiring it. It is a slow grower, and a month after owning it, all the leaves started to yellow and drop. It always had leaves on it, but small little baby one's. I just recently moved it to a new location where it's not in full sun anymore, and only gets 2-3 hours of morning sun. It made all the difference. It's not dropping leaves anymore, and the leaves are now growing to their full size.
I'm hoping that it will start flowering like it had in the beginning with 50 plus blooms at one time on a small tree.

On Aug 9, 2005, StarGazey26 from (Zone 10a) wrote:

This is a great Brugmansia! It is a slow grower though! I have had it in the ground a year, got it as a cutting, and its barely 2 feet tall! The foliage is very very pretty against all the other green brugs! I recommend this one over Brugmansia Varigated, Because there is more white on the leaves of SnowBank, than that of Varigated!

On Jan 21, 2005, TrixieM from Mc Call Creek, MS wrote:

Although the foliage is lovely, for me, for every leaf it grew, it dropped another. This experience was in a very hot and humid climate. I gave mine away.

On Jun 17, 2003, oaktree from Hilton Head Island, SC wrote:

I ordered a cutting of 'Snowbank' this spring from Plant Delights. It seems to be quite a slow grower. I too cannot wait until I see a bloom. The variegation alone is magnificent. Any tips on pushing it along - please let me know.

On Sep 27, 2002, Abutilon from Coal Center, PA (Zone 6a) wrote:

This one is turning out to be very rewarding to grow Developed by Terra Nova, it is the first patented brugmansia. It is one of the finest brugmansias I grow. Vigorous growing and gorgeous.