PlantFiles: Lantana
Lantana trifolia 'Lavender Popcorn'

Family: Verbenaceae (ver-be-NAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Lantana (lan-TAN-a) (Info)
Species: trifolia (try-FOH-lee-a) (Info)
Cultivar: Lavender Popcorn
Additional cultivar information: (aka Fruity Pebbles)

Seed is poisonous if ingested

Blue-Violet

Velvet/Fuzzy-Textured

Self-sows freely; deadhead if you do not want volunteer seedlings next season
This plant is resistant to deer

By WillowWasp

Thumbnail #5 of Lantana trifolia by azreno

Thumbnail #6 of Lantana trifolia by azreno

By plantladylin
Thumbnail #7 of Lantana trifolia by plantladylin

Positive realityfaery On Oct 30, 2013, realityfaery from Delano, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

I love the lantana, its a great no fuss plant here that continually comes back after the winter and makes a fantastic groundcover. Its very, very common to see this plant around town, planted in business complex gardens or in someone's yard.

Positive roses39 On Jul 7, 2009, roses39 from Center, TX wrote:

this grows over most of Texas and is a great no problem plant..it got down to the 18's this past winter and mine are blooming and happy..they do freeze back some but it doesn't seem to hurt the, I simply cut back the dead growth and transplant any limbs that have rooted.. mine grows aut 6-8 ft across and 2-3 ft tall and is loaded all summer with lemon yellow blooms. On the Gulf coast I grew the multicolored variety and it is common along levies in and around canals and waterways. An altogather trouble free plant.. Simply snip off seed heads to prevent seeding.. Personally , I can't get enough of it.

Positive cindylove On Jul 6, 2009, cindylove from Lewisville, TX (Zone 7b) wrote:

This plant is really pretty & I found it in my local nursery. It is pretty much like a regular Lantana plant but a lot more compact. I don't know yet if the seeds will be able to be harvested for next year. This is my first year with this particular Lantana. I like it because it's purple & makes a nice container plant.

Positive skiekitty On Jul 6, 2009, skiekitty from Parker, CO (Zone 5b) wrote:

Beautiful plant, but I doubt that it will become too invasive here in the US due to the colder areas we have. I got the Latana that I would honestly call "Fruity Pebbles" as it was yellow, orange, & red. Spectacular plant, but I was misled by the big box label and it croaked on our first frost.

Still love it, though!

Neutral kaz56 On Jul 6, 2009, kaz56 from Brisbane
Australia wrote:

Lantana such as these are classified as noxious weeds in Australia, after they were found to be extensively invading our bushland areas.. They were once available in nurseries everywhere in the 1980's but but they were banned in most areas after that. I was wondering, with their free-seeding habit, if they will become problem weeds in the US.

Mesa, Arizona