Miniature Decorative Dahlia
Dahlia 'Little Tiger'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Dahlia (DAHL-ya) (Info)
Cultivar: Little Tiger

Bicolor

Pruning:

Stone Mountain, Georgia

On Jul 9, 2004, punaheledp from Kailua, HI (Zone 11) wrote:

of all the dahlias, this looks most similar to the 2 bedding plants I picked up labeled "figaro mix" (H 15"). Same type of different cultivar? 1st time I've tried dahlias. after 1st night I found every slug in the vacinity crawling all over them. I have some problem with slugs, but I've never seen them go after anything like the dahlias. does anybody know if these are a slug magnet? I repotted for now, and they struggle daily for survival. (zone 11)

On Oct 19, 2002, Baa wrote:

A small growing cultivar Dahlia suitable for containers and the mid to front part of the summer borders. Blooms it's little heads off.

Loves a moist but well drained, fertile soil in full sun to light shade.

Not hardy in frost prone regions and will need lifting and storing after the first frosts have blackened the foliage. Cut off the foliage and store upside down to allow the tubers to drain. Store right side up in a dry, dark, cool but frost free place in sawdust or dryish peat. A few weeks before the last frost date bring into a light area indoors and plant out after the last frost. Some people find a dusting of sulphur powder or other fungicidal treatment beneficial during storage.