Nasturtium 'Moonlight'

Tropaeolum majus

Family: Tropaeolaceae
Genus: Tropaeolum (tro-PEE-oh-lum) (Info)
Species: majus (MAY-jus) (Info)
Cultivar: Moonlight

Pale Yellow

Self-sows freely; deadhead if you do not want volunteer seedlings next season

Fair Oaks, California

San Jacinto, California

New Orleans, Louisiana

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Deposit, New York

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina

On Apr 22, 2008, nolabug from New Orleans, LA (Zone 9b) wrote:

I am a nasturtium fan and have tried every cultivar I could come across with little success. This year I got a number of spring blooms but none so prolific or long-lasting blooms as the 'Moonlight' cultivar -whose seeds I ordered from Heirloom Seeds. A wonderful plant that is out-performing my 'Empress of India', 'Night and Day', 'Peaches and Cream' cultivars.

On Jul 23, 2007, saya from Heerlen
Netherlands (Zone 8b) wrote:

This is one of my favourites too! Fashionable moonlight-yellow, uniform, free-blooming, a tall grower.
Additional information: Introduced by K. SAHIN, Zaden B.V. in 1993.

On Jan 22, 2005, bmuller from Albuquerque, NM (Zone 7a) wrote:

This is one of my favorite nasturtiums. It is one of the earliest to bloom in my yard (in Zone 7, high desert) and the last to give up in the fall (usually November). It blooms profusely; sometimes it even comes back from the roots the next year (only if thickly mulched through a fairly mild winter, however).
I use it to fill a triangular, raised bed next to the patio and visible from a back window: beautiful--especially in late summer and fall, when it has spilled over the edges.

On Aug 23, 2004, NatureWalker from New York & Terrell, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

This is one flower that has been such a trial for me. With a history breaking rainfall this year; up here in New York, it was the only seed out of 6 that made it through. The other seeds started, then couldn't make it without some sun once in a while, even though I had started them indoors in March. It finally pulled through and succeeded. I have other Nasturtium's that have bloomed; but this one was 'special' to me.

On Nov 10, 2002, Bug_Girl from San Francisco, CA wrote:

Heavy bloomer and heavy feeder, reseeds very well.