African Daisy, Cape Daisy 'Lemon Symphony'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Osteospermum (oss-tee-oh-SPUR-mum) (Info)
Cultivar: Lemon Symphony

Pale Yellow

5.1 to 5.5 (strongly acidic)

Tempe, Arizona

Poestenkill, New York

Gibsonia, Pennsylvania

Black Earth, Wisconsin

On Oct 24, 2015, sassy_fox from Poestenkill, NY wrote:

I live outside of Troy,NY. I too have had several symphony osteopernum,but I have had great success with them. Generally purchasd in may-june, they have flowered until frost. I just lost my lemon symphony last week. I have found they flower more with deadheading. I also find that they seem to go through cycles; flowering profusely then period of generating buds with a few flowers, then profuse bloom again. I always transplant them into a larger container with a mix of potting soil and slow release fertilizer. I just love these flowers! They are gorgeous as cut flowers in a bouquet too!

On May 29, 2006, mjfulgham from Madison, MS wrote:

I love this flower - it's very important to dead head the spent flowers or the plant dies out early - I cut back the entire single stem that the spent bloom was on and it just keeps blooming away. These look great in a mixed container!

On Nov 13, 2004, kimaz from Tempe, AZ (Zone 9b) wrote:

They bloom from September thru April here and can get quite large. They don't like heat and they don't like wet feet. Although I plant them every fall they are the first of my winter annuals to die off here in zone 9b.

On Nov 13, 2004, lmelling from Ithaca, NY (Zone 5b) wrote:

I purchased several Osteospermum "Symphony" plants in spring 2003 including Lemon Symphony. While they were lovely, I found them very short-lived here in our summers, which can sometimes be rainy or have fewer sunny days than elsewhere - even when planted in well drained soil. By mid July they were done for.