Pot Marigold, English Marigold
Calendula officinalis 'Pacific Beauty'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Calendula (ka-LEN-dew-luh) (Info)
Species: officinalis (oh-fiss-ih-NAH-liss) (Info)
Cultivar: Pacific Beauty

Gold Hill, Oregon

Sugar Land, Texas

Madison, Wisconsin

On Oct 7, 2008, DMgardener from (Daniel) Mount Orab, OH (Zone 6b) wrote:

This selection of calendula is stunning!!! The plants are about three times taller than the greenhouse varieties, which is just the right height for my gardens. The orange/yellow bicolor even has a light orangy citrus scent. Also what I think is the best part is that they bloomed from mid-april to now and are still going! I have seeds of this plant for trade on my tradelists.

On Sep 26, 2007, rebecca101 from Madison, WI (Zone 5a) wrote:

Great plant. Very easy to grow from seed, bright double flowers, non-stop blooming from June to past frost. The plant suffers a bit in the heat of summer - flowers get progressively smaller and not as lush looking as in spring. But then Fall comes and the flowers suddenly get large and lush again. I did deadhead regularly to keep bloom coming. This cultivar grew very large for me - 2.5-3 feet in full sun.

On Nov 17, 2005, ineedacupoftea from Denver, CO wrote:

This mix is usually short- about a foot in full sun. Cool weather brings on more double flowers. Keeping the plants well dead-headed makes them practically perennial!

I think I owe this plant in keeping me alive after last year's first frost; as it did so well for so long afterword. Now, if I could find the plant to bring me out of the post-frost blues this year...

On Sep 19, 2005, Scorpioangel from Gold Hill, OR (Zone 7a) wrote:

Freely self sowing. Bright color. A great plant for the herbal garden. Can help the sting of insect stings. They can tolerate a light frost. The petals are used to flavor soups, stews and salads. I especially like them in salads.