English Daisy, Lawn Daisy, Bruisewort 'Tasso White'

Bellis perennis

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Bellis (BEL-liss) (Info)
Species: perennis (per-EN-is) (Info)
Cultivar: Tasso White

under 6 in. (15 cm)

Seward, Alaska

Jonesboro, Georgia

North Plains, Oregon

Vancouver, Washington

On Aug 29, 2007, soldiersong from North Plains, OR (Zone 8a) wrote:

I love this little daisy. As long as I deadhead it blooms and blooms from April to August here in zone 8b. It is planted in sun, although it does get some afternoon shade from the taller plants behind it in the garden. It is a charming, easy to grow plant, at least in this area. I like it so much I've obtained several other colors and they are all thriving. Flowers are rounded and chubby looking. They are quite good size for the size of the plant and stand erect above the mounded, tidy foliage. A grand little plant for the front of the border or a rock garden.

On Nov 27, 2003, Azalea from Jonesboro, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

I bought a lovely little plant full of blooms. It didn't make it here in zone 7b. It was dead in a week or two. Even thought I planted it in the shade, I think it is too hot here in GA.

On Mar 25, 2003, Bug_Girl from San Francisco, CA wrote:

A very cute little plant with puffy ball flowers which the tag claims are very big, up to 2 inches. However, I am getting only small flowers on mine, and it does not look so healthy so I am giving it a neutral instead of a positive rating. I don't imagine it would be a problem as a lawn invasive, because it does not seem very hardy. The photo I am posting is of the flower looking big, the way it should. It is listed as a perennial but the tag says short lived.

I am now unhappy with this plant, the flower have been getting smaller and smaller and now it looks just like a regular english daisy. I think it must have reverted to type.