Jacob's Ladder 'Apricot Delight'

Family: Polemoniaceae (po-le-moh-nee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Polemonium (po-le-MOH-nee-um) (Info)
Cultivar: Apricot Delight

Flowers are good for cutting

From seed; stratify if sowing indoors

Anchorage, Alaska

Norridgewock, Maine

Hopkins, Minnesota

Auburn, New Hampshire

Greene, New York

On Jul 11, 2014, CrowMeris from Greene, NY wrote:

A very hardy plant here in upstate New York. My only problem with the plant is its misleading name - the flowers have only the tiniest hint of apricot/salmon amid a sea of pink, and the coloring isn't consistent.

That issue aside, I'm extremely pleased with this selection. The plants make strong, graceful mounds and are attractive even when not in bloom. Mine live in a mostly-shady area on the woodland edge along with some hosta and native geranium and seem very happy there. The deer and rabbits completely avoid them.

On Mar 17, 2012, Seans_Garden from Banks, OR wrote:

Wow this plant is amazing, I live in Banks,Oregon just outside Portland Metro we get snow almost every year the plant is said to die back but it never has infact it's a lot like a evergreen here, and have blooms as early as January ..

Also I cut the plant back last year in february stuck some of the cutting in the soil and now have like 10 of them...

Enjoy your gardening

On May 31, 2011, ms_greenjeans from Hopkins, MN (Zone 4a) wrote:

I am a fan of Jacob's Ladder plants in every variety. This was my third one, and I find this color combination to be very attractive. All have been very hardy and trouble-free in Minnesota.

On Feb 22, 2010, Oberon46 from (Mary) Anchorage, AK (Zone 4b) wrote:

I don't know about NH, but here in Anchorage Alaska it has survived two crazy winters with temps all over the place. It is in full sun in a raised bed with average soil. Surrounded by Phlox,Iris, Coreopsis that have also done well in this bed.

On Mar 22, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

POLEMONIUM 'Apricot Delight' - Salmon Jacob's Ladder - carneum - Medium 18-24" - Plant 16" apart. zone 4-9. A NW native, with cupped-shaped apricot tinted pink flowers. Coarsely divided pinnate ladder-like leaves. Good cut flower.

On Jun 23, 2005, echoes from South of Winnipeg, MB (Zone 3a) wrote:

Was very happy to find Apricot Delight had returned to my garden this spring after hard winter.

On May 30, 2004, carolann from Auburn, NH wrote:

Two year old plant unable to survive winter of fluctuating super cold temps as low as -20 F.