Double Fuchsia 'Voodoo'

Family: Onagraceae (on-uh-GRAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Fuchsia (FEW-she-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Voodoo

El Cajon, California

Fortuna, California

Fountain Valley, California

Irvine, California

Los Angeles, California (2 reports)

Monterey, California

Magna, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah

Chimacum, Washington

On Jun 23, 2010, weedsfree from Magna, UT (Zone 7a) wrote:

I just got mine this spring and it is only 6-8" tall and in beautiful full bloom. I have mine in containers and mostly shade. I hope to one day have some in the ground in the back yard where they get full sun. Maybe with them doing as well as they are, I will keep them where they are.

On Jul 12, 2009, PedricksCorner from Freedom, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

My Voodoo has been growing out in the full sun for over a decade. I have to keep cutting it back just to keep it out of my way! And to allow room for the other fuchsias growing around it. It is able to handle the full sun and heat that occasionally scorches even my rose blossoms, because it has rooted into ground. All the fuchsias around it are planted in the ground and also deal with the heat just fine.

On Jul 5, 2009, WillowWasp from Jones Creek, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

I love this plant and the flowers are just stunning but I have tried many, many and they do ok until summer. Then they wilt and die. So no more will I try and grow these until they get one that is heat tolerant.

On May 19, 2004, BetsyBug from Memphis, TN (Zone 7b) wrote:

I bought this plant at a big chain home improvement store. It's covered in buds and they are finally beginning to open and it's gorgeous! Also - It DID attract the hummingbirds like I wanted so I'm very happy. I just keep it moist, it's in the shade (hanging under my porch) and it's seems to be very happy!

On Jun 10, 2003, Zanymuse from Scotia, CA (Zone 9b) wrote:

Large flowers that are deeply vibrant in color this plant is best in a hanging container where the flowering branches can cascade freely.

Keeping it evenly moist but not soggy and fertilizing weekly during the growing season will keep this plant flowering almost non stop from the first thaw til the first heavy frost but will need to have faded blooms removed and tips pinched back regularly to keep it compact and free flowering