Diascia, Twinspur 'Sun Chimes Coral'

Family: Scrophulariaceae (skrof-yoo-larr-ee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Diascia (dy-ASS-ee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Sun Chimes Coral

Late Fall/Early Winter

Boulder Creek, California

Long Beach, California

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Hermosa, South Dakota

Port Townsend, Washington

On Feb 15, 2012, treeacres from Hermosa, SD wrote:

2011.......Does great on the Great Plains of South Dakota. After first spring flowering into June....I cut it back and the new growth and blooms kept flowering even after first light frost.....the end of Sept........kept blooming way into the middle of Oct...when we had a hard freeze.. I had about 8 plants and they all filled-in to give a sea of pretty, rose-pink in about a 12"X24" area. This year (2012) I will plant these again and try some in containers.
Hermosa, SD

On May 2, 2005, ladyannne from Merced, CA (Zone 9a) wrote:

Wonderful hanging basket or low filler in the secret garden. This year I am holding my breath with last year's seeds.

On Sep 14, 2004, ceedub from Whitby, ON (Zone 5b) wrote:

I acquired my diascia as a small plant in late May, transplanted it into a wooden rectangular planter, and it completely filled the planter within a couple of weeks. It was blooming when I got it, and is still blooming now, Sept 14th, albiet pretty minimally. Our first frost hasn't yet occurred. I just love it, its so cheerful!!

On Jul 29, 2003, ohmysweetpjs from Brookeville, MD wrote:

Adorable little plant. Minimal care. I keep mine in a pot and have trouble getting it to bloom. Cutting it back increases bushiness.

On Jul 20, 2003, Blackwater wrote:

I absolutely love this plant! Living in northern British Columbia (canada) doesn't leave me with alot of options when it comes to plants because we can have an attack of frost anytime of the year, but this plant can handle it. last month (June) we had one night of -2 celcius and it didn't even affect this plant while sadly, my other plants were! I have also found that it is an extremely easy keeper and looks great planted with petunias in hanging baskets. My family owns/operates a commercial greenhouse and this plant was pretty much our best seller. We mixed them with everything from verbena to bacopa, it didn't matter what we planted it with because it always looked great.