PlantFiles: Alpine Marsh-Marigold
Caltha introloba

Family: Ranunculaceae (ra-nun-kew-LAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Caltha (KAL-tha) (Info)
Species: introloba (in-tro-LOH-ba) (Info)

Alpines and Rock Gardens

Thumbnail #2 of Caltha introloba by kennedyh

Thumbnail #3 of Caltha introloba by kennedyh

Positive kennedyh On Jun 29, 2003, kennedyh from Churchill, Victoria
Australia (Zone 10a) wrote:

I love this plant, which grows in the Australian Alps in Victoria and New South Wales. It grows in wet bogs above the tree-line in the mountains and it flowers in amongst the melting snow, even flowering under the snow. My picture was taken with snow only one metre from the plant and I had to ski into the spot where it grows to get the photo. I love the Caltha genus, which has a very wide distribution. I have now photographed Caltha species in England, Canada and Australia. I have no experience of growing any of them, but would love to try.