PlantFiles: Narrow-leaf Zinnia
Zinnia angustifolia 'Crystal White'

Family: Asteraceae (ass-ter-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Zinnia (ZIN-ya) (Info)
Species: angustifolia (an-gus-tee-FOH-lee-uh) (Info)
Cultivar: Crystal White

Thumbnail #5 of Zinnia angustifolia by FlowerManiac

By green76thumb
Thumbnail #6 of Zinnia angustifolia by green76thumb

Positive pgh512 On Jan 6, 2012, pgh512 from Pittsburgh, PA wrote:

I have grown crystal white for 2 seasons now and just love it. It is a little slow to take off, but flowers constantly from june to november in my Pittsburgh PA garden. The flowers never stop! No dead heading was needed. They hung nicely over the end of the planter I had them in.

Positive magevans On May 23, 2011, magevans from Winston Salem, NC wrote:

Didn't have high hopes for this plant when I bought it from a local nursery in 2010. But it performed well. Grew it in pots on my deck; however it must be watered and I almost lost it in the heat of summer. Saved it, and brought it indoors for the winter. It survived and is now back on the deck and doing well. One thing I notice is that although it is a zinnia it seems resistant to the rust that has formed on and destroyed most every other zinnia I've ever tried to grow. Perhaps this has something to do with it being a narrow-leafed variety?

Positive ericabelle On Jun 17, 2008, ericabelle from West Plains, MO (Zone 6b) wrote:

I grew this zinnia last year for the first time. It performed beautifully! So many flowers! Each plant forms a small "bush" that is so large it was hard for visitors to believe that it was just one plant. I will definitely grow the Crystal series every year. It is very tolerant of high heat, humidity, and drought.

Fernandina Beach, Florida