Needle-flower Tree
Posoqueria latifolia

Family: Rubiaceae
Genus: Posoqueria (poh-soh-KWER-ee-uh) (Info)
Species: latifolia (lat-ee-FOH-lee-uh) (Info)

Key West, Florida

Ainaloa, Hawaii

positive

On Apr 17, 2013, BocasOne from Bocas
Panama wrote:

The scent from the flowers is amazing! I have a large old tree growing on my property in Bocas del Toro, Panama, and although I have read a lot about this tree, nowhere does it say that it is salt tolerant.... but it is. This tree is growing on the shoreline and at times the roots would be subjected to wave action and the leaves and branches to salt laden air.

On Jun 11, 2011, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

Rating it neutral b/c it requires more attention than I'm willing to devote. Extremely thirsty plant--watering twice daily and keeping water in the pot saucer for extra moisture. I have tried smelling flowers in the early am as well as at dusk and I don't detect any fragrance. On the plus side, the plant has been blooming uninterruptedly since late March. Mine is in a pot, I don't think I have a wet enough spot inground in which to plant this diva.