Blushing Philodendron, Red-leaf Philodendron 'Pink Princess'

Philodendron erubescens

Family: Araceae (a-RAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Philodendron (fil-oh-DEN-dron) (Info)
Species: erubescens (er-yoo-BESS-kens) (Info)
Cultivar: Pink Princess

Port Arthur, Texas

Roanoke, Texas

Fairmont, West Virginia

On Dec 19, 2012, morningloree from Heathrow, FL wrote:

Have it outside under an oak tree, has been in the ground for a year and doing fine. The colors are beautiful and is definitely a princess in the garden.

On Aug 1, 2011, candles4u from Mount Vernon, IL wrote:

I love this its beautiful! My had been huge and our puppy tore it to pieces! I thought it was done but I fertilized it and placed it in good indirect light and it ha came back even better, more pink, more leaves. I think this plant does super well with pruning, I've kept up the pruning and have been amazed at the results! By far one of my favorites!

On Sep 4, 2009, braun06 from Peoria Heights, IL (Zone 5b) wrote:

Cool and unique shady patio or houseplant for northerners. My plant would need recharging out in natural light following winter inside to grow better. Towards the end of winter it would get weak looking behind windows. Dont put fertilizer/water mixtures on the leaves since it will cause burn. Keep adequately moist so you don't get leaf burn even in shade outdoors.

On Jun 14, 2008, Kubileya from Laurel, DE (Zone 7a) wrote:

I bought this plant as a tiny three-leaf cutting from Glass House Works in the spring of 2006. It was worth every penny (expensive!!!). It's beautiful and grows great for me inside by a large west window. It's super-easy to propagate-- I started with the one tiny cutting and now have four plants-- and it grows much more quickly than I expected. It has never been bothered by pests or the lower humidity inside in the winter.

On May 17, 2007, cannagirl from DeRidder, LA (Zone 9a) wrote:

This is a real beauty to grow! Adds a tropical look any where you place this philodendron. The only negatives I find with this plant is the purchase cost and it's slow growth rate.

On Jul 10, 2006, Joelle from Norfolk, VA (Zone 8a) wrote:

Absolutely stunning leaves! Definitely a connoisseurs plant. Must be kept warm, any cold drafts will cause brown edges almost immediately. At its best in a conservatory or greenhouse with high humidity and constant warmth.

On Jul 24, 2005, mkjones from Aurora, TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

A HARD, expensive plant to come by, but very rewarding. The coloring is just striking. I recommend acquiring this wonderful cultivar if you can!