PlantFiles: Swamp Banksia
Banksia robur

Family: Proteaceae (pro-tee-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Banksia (BANGK-see-a) (Info)
Species: robur (ROH-bur) (Info)

Pale Yellow

By kennedyh
Thumbnail #2 of Banksia robur by kennedyh

Positive casandlisa On May 12, 2004, casandlisa from Sydney
wrote:

easy plant to grow. loves extrra moisture. There is no set flowering time. Some plants flower in spring (such as mine), others in autumn - very weird
Cas

Neutral kennedyh On Oct 9, 2003, kennedyh from Churchill, Victoria
Australia (Zone 10a) wrote:

This species is unusual amonst the Banksias in preferring to grow in swampy situations. It is a small shrub, usually under 1.5 metres in height, growing in coastal New South Wales and Queensland in Australia. I have had mixed success with this plant. I planted one some 12 years ago in my garden and it flowered each year for several years. Its position is rather too dry for it and it is also now crowded out by other larger more vigorous shrubs. It is now barely surviving and I shall lose it unless I can successfully transplant it to a moister and more open position.