PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Jenny'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Jenny

Fresh, salad

Leaf Type:
Regular Leaf

Positive muddwife On Aug 4, 2011, muddwife from Waller, WA wrote:

I have grown Jenny for years and I love them. I have had the vines grow to over 12 feet in length, and that is in a maritime climate, and produce several hundred 1/2 ounce fruits per plant. Very sweet with real "tomato" flavor.

Positive Farmerdill On Oct 23, 2003, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

This is a bright orange cherry tomato that yeilds like gangbusters. For me it has been impervious to both pests and diseases. It grows a huge vine that virtually stops at nothing. Even an outbreak of alternaria leaf spot didn't faze it. I personally don't like cherry tomatoes, but folks who get them from me eat them like table grapes. I never have any of them go to waste.

Augusta, Georgia (2 reports)
Tacoma, Washington