Lemon Bottlebrush
Callistemon pallidus

Family: Myrtaceae (mir-TAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Callistemon (kal-lis-STEE-mon) (Info)
Species: pallidus (PAL-lid-dus) (Info)

Pale Yellow

On Sep 1, 2013, flipthehatt from st, osyth, near clacton on sea
United Kingdom wrote:

My wife and I have this plant in our garden for the past seven years. It has been down to minus 15c and lower, buried in snow, and high winds that were very, very cold, and it still here, blooms every year. this year we are trying to get cuttings from it, for our friends. The only thing we have noticed is that it is bit slower in growing, we can only put that down to where we are.

On Dec 18, 2007, pb09 from Portland, OR wrote:

Large growing shrub to 15', maybe more. Mine has blue leaves and
yellow flowers. LOVES full sun. Very pretty shrub- takes cold well.
Portland, OR

On Nov 2, 2003, kennedyh from Churchill, Victoria
Australia (Zone 10a) wrote:

The Lemon Bottlebrush is a shrub from south-eastern Australia, growing mainly near streams and in wet rocky places. It bears lots of cream to yellow bottlebrush flowers in late spring and summer. Popular in cultivation, with several named varieties, it contrasts well with the many red bottlebrushes. I had about a thousand of these shrubs on my property when I lived in Tasmania, but only rediscovered it in Victoria this spring. I collected some seed and hope soon to have a shrub to grow in my garden. Propagates well from seed and from cuttings.