PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'June Pink'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: June Pink

» View all varieties of Tomatoes

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Ferment seeds before storing

Leaf Type:
Regular Leaf

No positives

Neutral Laflora On May 23, 2004, Laflora from DeLand, FL (Zone 9b) wrote:

There seems to be confusion about the common name. I grew both June Pink and Earliana in Central Florida in 2001, as part of a research project on Florida heirloom tomatoes. June Pink was large, ribbed, reddish pink, and misshapen, and it was a heavy producer and had great taste, kind of tangy-sweet. Earliana was smaller, smooth, round, and a lighter pink -- and tasted so-so, kind of bland. I got my seeds from Seed Savers (the members' listings, not the public catalog). But I am now seeing June Pink described in seed catalogs as a variation of Earliana. What I call June Pink is now being called, I believe, Florida Pink.

Neutral Farmerdill On Nov 6, 2003, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

When I was young we grew Marglobes for the cannery, June Pinks for early table use and Ponderosa's for the main slicers. That June Pink came from the old T. W. Wood seed company and was a small early beefsteak. This Totally Tomatoes version is not the same. It is a round baseball sized pink. It appears that it could be a variant of the Gulf State Market. It grows and produces reasonably well, but taste is mediocre. Some fruits tend to form a slight nipple at the blossom end.

Augusta, Georgia