PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'OTV Brandywine'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: OTV Brandywine
Additional cultivar information: (aka Brandywine, OTV)

» View all varieties of Tomatoes

One member has or wants this plant for trade.

Ferment seeds before storing

Thumbnail #3 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by Suze_

By bluekat76
Thumbnail #4 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by bluekat76

Positive kevinitis On Mar 17, 2011, kevinitis from Ogden, UT wrote:

In 2010, this tomato produced well for me late in the season. I obtained a moderate crop of large sized beautiful red tomatoes. Tasters in my household and at work preferred this tomato over black krim, cherokee purple, Amana Orange, Perssimon, and black. I found it a good balance between sweet and acidic with favorable texture. The only tomato in my garden that rivaled its palatability was the pink Brandywine, which taste and texture was slightly better in my opinion. However, I only obtained two tomatoes from the pink brandywine and i got 6-8 tomatoes/per plant fromt the OTV.

As others have noted, I did have some slight problems with disease where I had yellowing leaves (wilt?). Despite the wilt it was a good producer.

Positive Suze_ On Jan 17, 2006, Suze_ from (Zone 7b) wrote:

A fairly decent cropper for me. Great taste -- complex w/good sugar/acid balance.

Positive Zeppy On Jan 6, 2006, Zeppy from Shenandoah Valley, VA (Zone 6b) wrote:

Nice flavor, great texture. Not as prolific as other varieties I grew this year.

Negative JefeQuicktech On Oct 19, 2004, JefeQuicktech from Moorhead, MN (Zone 4a) wrote:

Although the taste was good I dropped this from my tomato list. I had more disease trouble with this plant than I did with the other Brandywine varieties. It also produced fewer tomatoes for me.

Neutral Farmerdill On Nov 24, 2003, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

This is a cross between yellow Brandywine and an unknown red parent, stabilized and released by Dr. Carolyn Male.It is becoming a popular heirloom type, seeds are widely available.

Weyers Cave, Virginia