PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Trip-L-Crop'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Trip-L-Crop
Additional cultivar information: (Burgess strain)

» View all varieties of Tomatoes

Fresh, slicing

Leaf Type:
Potato Leaf

Neutral tomatolarry On Sep 1, 2012, tomatolarry from Dalton, GA wrote:

I tried these in 2012 and did not experience the huge vines and huge crops that are reported with this variety. The two I planted were definitely pink tomaoes, not red as some claim. The taste and size were good, but in our very hot weather, they suffered lots of bloom drop. These may be best suited for a cooler climate.

Positive cowtrailrd On Sep 3, 2006, cowtrailrd from Shawnee, OK wrote:

this was the firist year I have planted this tomato, but will not be the last. My wife and I liked the flavor and the fact there was little seeds and juice. One slice covered a sandwich. Most weighed a pound and up to 3 lbs.

Positive Farmerdill On Nov 26, 2003, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

This tomato was heavily in the post WW II era. The pictures show a lady picking tomatoes from a second story window. My neighbor tried it, planting several plants along the back of his house, copiously fertilizing and watering and pruning to a single vine. This was in Pulaski county, Va. We measured the tallest vine at 25 ft. I grew them in cages with no pruning and they only made 10-12 feet. The tomatoes were large and smooth. Sweet and just right for my taste but lovers of red tomatoes found them too bland. They grew well in Virginia, but were such an abject failure in Georgia that I ran out of seedstock before getting one to maturity.

Dalton, Georgia
Lilburn, Georgia
Venus, Texas
Radford, Virginia (2 reports)
Troy, Virginia (2 reports)