Floribunda Rose
Rosa 'Livin' Easy'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Livin' Easy
Additional cultivar information:(PP9161, aka Livin' Easy, HARwelcome, Fellowship)
Hybridized by Harkness
Registered or introduced: 1992

Class:

Cluster-flowered (incl. Floribunda & Grandiflora)

Apricot and apricot blend (ab)

Bloom Shape:

Resistant to black spot

Resistant to mildew

Stems are moderately thorny

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

Des Moines, Washington

Olympia, Washington

Ellsworth, Wisconsin

On Oct 13, 2013, fireflyintexas from New Braunfels, TX wrote:

This rose was given to me after a loved one passed away and it is a perfect rose for a memory rose as it is so hearty and doesn't seem to have any diseases or pest problems. A beauty! Cheery........so nice.

On Jun 16, 2011, zarniwoopnu from Saint Paul, MN wrote:

I love this rose! Gorgeous color and contrast between waxy green leaves and the brilliant orange. This is my favorite, with 'Hope for Humanity' a close second.

Alas, I have had challenges keeping it alive over a Zone 4 winter. However, one winter I did the 'North Dakota Shuffle', and it came back, only to be devoured by rabbits! Nevertheless, I love it enough to consider it an annual and buy a new one every year.

On May 16, 2010, WMorgan from Medford, NJ wrote:

This is my best performing rose. It keeps producing multiple beautiful blooms. I wish they were all like this. They ones in more sunlight bloom more than the one in the shade. Highly recommend it.

On Sep 25, 2008, kdaustin from Austin, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

Simply fabulous...don't delay get yours today.
I ran, not walked, to see what that brilliant orange rose was at my local nursery, I'd only seen it in pictures previously and had no idea how screamingly orange it was.
Love. It. To. Death.
And unlike certain overhyped roses I could name (cough:Belinda's Dream) it has performed flawlessly. I spray it with a little milk like all the roses when the weather makes me think mildew and blackspot problems might be imminent...even in 2007 when it rained for like three months it had barely a discolored leaf.
Blooms like gangbusters too. Nice size and shape for massing in borders. You willl be the envy of the neighborhood with 5-25 of these up front...
If only it was really fragrant.

On May 16, 2008, trioadastra from Ellsworth, WI (Zone 4a) wrote:

I planted this rose in the fall, and even without cover, it withstood a zone 4 winter, and was the first to bud out this spring. Very hardy and beautiful.

On Apr 7, 2008, Connie_G from Austin, TX (Zone 8b) wrote:

Can anyone tell me what "Shade tolerant" means, exactly, 'Livin Easy'? I just bought 3 of these....want 7 more for a pool area that is FULL TEXAS SUN. Want to make sure I won't fry them before buying more. Three I can fit in SOMEWHERE...10 would be harder! :-)

On May 19, 2006, boneyween from Shawnee Mission, KS wrote:

I only planted Livin' Easy last spring, but so far it is doing very well. I have found it to be quite resistant to black spot, despite last year's hot, humid summer. In the first year, it only put out single blooms and not the bloom clusters I expected from a floribunda. But this spring it put out an abundance of fragrant blooms, especially for a small bush. Its vibrant bloom color paired glossy, dark-green leaves makes this an excellent specimen. Highly recommended.

On Sep 19, 2005, alicewho from North Augusta, SC (Zone 8a) wrote:

This is by far my favorite rose. You just can't beat the color, everyone always comments on it.
I've had very little problems with it in our heat and humidity.

On Apr 16, 2004, Paulwhwest from Irving (Dallas area), TX (Zone 8a) wrote:

I ordered this rose from Edmunds Roses last spring and it has grown into a nice little bush producing flowers from spring until frost (which is a long time in zone 8). It also had much less black spot that some of my other roses.

It won the All-America Rose Selection in 1996. It's parentage is: Southampton x Remember Me

On Dec 4, 2003, Karenn from Mount Prospect, IL (Zone 5a) wrote:

This rose variety convinced me that I could really grow beautiful, trouble-free! roses. It is listed and usually sold as a floribunda, but the catch is it grows on it's own roots, as a shrub rose does. This makes it extremely hardy in my area (Chicago northwest suburbs) where we can get to 20 to 30 below, with NO snow cover! Actually, when we had a couple of mild (Zone 6 & Zone 7) winters, this rose never went completely dormant! That summer it grew to 6' tall! And, it is beautiful in bloom if you have placed it so the setting sun will backlight it; it looks as if you have placed mini-lights into the blooms - it almost glows! I cannot recommend this variety highly enough!