PlantFiles: Azalea
Rhododendron 'Percy Wiseman'

Family: Ericaceae (er-ek-AY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rhododendron (roh-do-DEN-dron) (Info)
Cultivar: Percy Wiseman

Thumbnail #5 of Rhododendron  by okus

Thumbnail #6 of Rhododendron  by okus

By DaylilySLP
Thumbnail #7 of Rhododendron  by DaylilySLP

Neutral KarenB61 On May 28, 2011, KarenB61 from Long Island, NY (Zone 7a) wrote:

This rhododendron has been described as vigorous and hardy, but I have not had that experience here in Zone 7b. I have had three of them, and all three have not survived a winter, or have barely survived (i.e. two-thirds of plant died). None of them ever put on any real size for me. The blooms are simply beautiful, though, which is why I tried growing it three times. Give it a try, and hopefully you'll have more success than I did. It's so pretty, it's worth it to see if it will grow for you.

Neutral hardinez On Mar 25, 2011, hardinez from La Grange, TX wrote:

I have several azaleas purchased from Lowes. I planted them last year and they were beautiful. Does anyone know what the perfect PH in the soil should be for this plant? Your help is greatly appreciated!
hardinez@cvctx.com

Positive whitesam9 On Feb 26, 2011, whitesam9 from Dayton, OH (Zone 5b) wrote:

I planted a Percy Wiseman Rhododendron last Spring. It was covered with multi-colored blossoms - pink and yellow and cream. I'm in Zone 5b, but it looks like it has survived its first Winter. I have it in a very sheltered location right next to the house. It has plenty of flower buds - can't wait to see it in bloom again this Spring!

Positive killdawabbit On May 2, 2010, killdawabbit from Christiana, TN (Zone 6b) wrote:

I just planted this as a small I gallon from Lowe's last fall. It has beautiful blooms on it and has become one of my top favorites. So beautiful!

Neutral berrygirl On Mar 27, 2007, berrygirl from Braselton, GA (Zone 7b) wrote:

Some sources rate this hardy to z 5b.

East Haddam, Connecticut