PlantFiles: Tomato
Lycopersicon lycopersicum 'Joker'

Genus: Lycopersicon (ly-koh-PER-see-kon) (Info)
Species: lycopersicum (ly-koh-PER-see-kum) (Info)
Cultivar: Joker

By Farmerdill
Thumbnail #2 of Lycopersicon lycopersicum by Farmerdill

Negative fwfarm On Sep 9, 2005, fwfarm from Lebanon, OR (Zone 7b) wrote:

I grew one plant in 2004. (I grow 1-3 plants each of 20-30
varieties). Small plant, produced a decent number of
smallish fruits, but blossom end rot was worse than most,
and flavor was unremarkable. I'm not growing it again.

Positive eastview On Jan 23, 2004, eastview from Frankford, DE wrote:

I grew this variety as a trial in 2000.It had a stupid name but exceptional disease resistance which is important to me because I grow tomatoes organically for local wholesale.In 2001 and 2002 it was my main variety. I grew 5000+++ plants each of those years.2002 was an incredible drought with over 42 days above 90. I had incredible yields despite some damage from sunscald. In 2003 and as of this date my regular wholesale seed sources did not offer this variety.If you know a source please post asap.
I also recommend
Sunstart for a 1st early cultivar
Florida 91 for a late variety
Big beef for an all around home garden
Springfield for 2nd early
As for heirlooms I am sad to say I have tried so many and do not think that their taste is that good to overlook their pitiful disease resistance and yield.
I grow 30,000+ plants per year(some of which I sell to others) and at least 15,000 (12-20 varieties) each year so I do love tomatoes

Positive Farmerdill On Jan 10, 2004, Farmerdill from Augusta, GA (Zone 8a) wrote:

This is a fresh market entry. It is resistant to early blight, Fusarium 1 & 2, Verticulum, and Stemphyillium (gray leaf spot). It is also supposed to be late blight tolerant. It is a globe shaped red about 10 oz and is supposed to hold its size better than most varieties. This is my first year to test this cultivar so I'll let you know how it does at the end of the season.
6-26-04 Just starting to ripen so I now know it has enough resistance to grow here.

Frankford, Delaware (2 reports)
Augusta, Georgia