Hybrid Tea Rose
Rosa 'Queen of Hearts'

Family: Rosaceae (ro-ZAY-see-ee) (Info)
Genus: Rosa (RO-zuh) (Info)
Cultivar: Queen of Hearts
Additional cultivar information:(aka Dame de Coeur, Dama di Cuori, Herz-Dame, Red Peace)
Hybridized by Lens

Flower Fragrance:

Very Fragrant

Habit:

Shrub

Can be trained as a standard or tree form

Other Details:

Pruning Instructions:

Blooms on new wood; prune early to promote new growth

From hardwood cuttings

By grafting

By budding

Ada, Oklahoma

Gilmer, Texas

On Feb 1, 2015, coriaceous from ROSLINDALE, MA wrote:

Not to be confused with the 2008 orange-blend Kordes floribunda rose "Queen of Hearts" 'KORliolow', or the 2001 red Harkness shrub rose 'HARfond', which is also sold as "Queen of Hearts".

In the USA, this rose is only available from a couple of specialized boutique mailorder nurseries.

On Nov 1, 2010, mwdallas from Carrollton, TX wrote:

(Bought mine at North Haven Gardens) Don't know yet how it will do. I've had the poor thing in a pot forever. Finally had a friend dig a hole this weekend and plantd in full sun . Hope it wasn't too late to do so. We'll see.

On Feb 18, 2010, oldroselover from Fort Worth, TX wrote:

I grow Dame de Coeur in a large pot in the Fort Worth, Texas area. It is very hardy for a Hybrid Tea, and has gorgeous red blooms all through the spring into the fall. Mine has a strong and heavenly Damask/Tea rose fragrance. I got my plant from the Antique Rose Emporium in Brenham, Texas. It is the only Hybrid Tea I have, since I usually prefer the older Teas and Chinas and Polyanthas, which are very hardy and disease resistant. Still, this is quite a healthy rose for its type, and you can't beat the bloom and fragrance!

On Dec 23, 2008, vossner from Richmond, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

Quickly becoming one of my faves. The deep red color is incredible. I haven't noticed any fragrance. Prolific bloomer.

On Nov 19, 2008, Elphaba from Rockport, TX (Zone 9a) wrote:

I love this rose. It blooms constantly and the flowers are big even in heat of summer. HOWEVER, everything I've read says that this rose is very fragrant, but mine hardly has any fragrance at all.

On May 15, 2005, JodyC from Palmyra, IL (Zone 5b) wrote:

My little rose is just a 2 yr. old own root baby.But this little bloom has held up very well for several days now.Even during high winds and rain.While my other teas where blown to bit's in no time.Looks like a keeper at least for me.I just love the color it's very vivid red,red.I just love it.
Jody