Pearl Aloe, Lizard Tail, Gasteraloe
X Gasteraloe batesiana x variegata

Family: Aloaceae
Genus: X Gasteraloe (gas-ter-AL-oh) (Info)
Species: batesiana x variegata

Grenoble,

positive

On Nov 25, 2009, baiissatva from Dunedin
New Zealand wrote:

I think I actually have this plant which is great because I bought it at a homewares shop and had no idea what it was. Grown indoors these hybrids are beautiful fat, glossy, spotty, pebbly things with the added bonus of a nice flower raceme. Ill post pics of mine.
Not 100% sure this is the exact cross, but it looks a little aloe-ish and the flowers are definitely more aloe than gasteria, though the bumpiness and non-whorl junior phase say gasteria.
I know absolutely bugger all about gasterias tho', so please let me know if you think it's something else!

I just water when I think of it and have kept mine in dappled windowsill shade up til now; it is a lovely dark emerald green which is colouring up with coppery sun stress colours since Ive moved it to a sunnie... read more

On Feb 24, 2004, palmbob from Acton, CA (Zone 8b) wrote:

Looks mostly like the Gasteria, but somewhat spotted like the aloe.